Skip Navigation

Admissions FAQ

Below are some questions our office gets asked quite often. Don’t worry if you don’t see your question listed below. Email us at or call us at 260.422.5561, ext. 3103 with your questions and one of our counselors will be happy to assist you!


What is the admission application deadline?

There is no application deadline. Indiana Tech has a rolling admission process, so apply at any time and we will be in touch to walk you through the process.

What are the admissions requirements?

All students must submit an official transcript. SAT and ACT test scores are optional. An admission decision is based on meeting the GPA for the intended major.

How do I schedule a visit?

You can schedule your visit online or call the Admissions Office at 260.422.5561, ext. 3103. The online portal gives you quick access to available days and times to visit.

How do I send my transcripts and standardized test scores?

Simply contact your high school guidance counselor to request your transcripts to be sent. To submit your SAT or ACT scores (optional), be sure to add the Indiana Tech school code to the registration form. Our SAT code is 1323 and our ACT code is 1208.

Do I have to take placement exams?

Students who are transferring math or English credit from a previous college or university are not required to take placement exams. Freshmen enrolling at Indiana Tech upon high school graduation will be required to take a math placement exam. Indiana Tech uses SAT and/or ACT scores to determine English placement and whether a reading placement exam will be required.

Who qualifies as a transfer student?

Any student who enrolled in a college course after graduating high school or earning a GED—regardless of the length of time enrolled—is considered a transfer student and must submit college transcripts in order to be evaluated for transfer credit.

Can I submit unofficial transcripts?

Unofficial transcripts will be accepted to complete a transfer credit evaluation and for a provisional acceptance decision. However, you will be required to submit all final official transcripts to complete your admission file.

What is the difference between an official and unofficial transcript?

A transcript is considered official when it is sent directly from the high school or college in a sealed envelope containing the institution’s official seal or signature. A transcript is considered unofficial if it lacks the institution’s official seal or signature, if it is printed directly from your online student account, or if it is not received in a sealed envelope.

Will all of my credits transfer? Do you have transfer equivalencies?

Generally, non-remedial, 100-level courses or above in which a student earns a C or higher are transferable to Indiana Tech. Courses may transfer in as required credits if we offer an equivalent course and the course is needed for your major, or they may transfer in as elective credits if we do not offer an equivalent course or it is not needed for your major. Different majors require different courses, so we cannot guarantee credit transferability for all courses. You can find the curriculum for all of our majors in our Academic Catalog.

How can I access my transfer credit evaluation?

Your transfer credit evaluation can be viewed on your account. After logging in, click the “You’ve Applied” link, and then click the “Degree Audit Portlet” link. All college transcripts must be submitted before your evaluation will be completed.

Financial Aid

How much does it cost to attend Indiana Tech?

The Financial Aid Office breaks down the cost of an Indiana Tech education. You can also use our Net Price Calculator.

What type of financial aid is available?

Indiana Tech is committed to providing an affordable education by offering financial assistance through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and scholarships. Achievement awards range between $2,500 and $15,000 for incoming freshman students and $3,000 to $7,000 for incoming transfer students. You can also calculate your achievement award and estimated financial aid offer using our Net Price Calculator.

What is the FAFSA?

The FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Filing the FAFSA enables Indiana Tech to determine financial eligibility for grants, loans, and additional scholarship opportunities. The deadline for Indiana residents to file the FAFSA is April 15.

Where can I view my financial aid offer?

You will receive a financial aid award letter in the mail, or you can view your financial aid awards at by clicking the “Financial Aid” link on the left side of the screen. Please note that financial aid offers are not generated until you have been accepted to the university.


What can I major in?

Indiana Tech offers a wide range of career-focused degree programs including business, criminal justice, computer science, engineering and more.

Can I meet with a professor or coach?

Yes. When you schedule your campus visit, be sure to let us know you would like to meet with a professor or coach. We can even arrange for you to sit in on a class if one is available during your visit.

Does Indiana Tech offer services for students with disabilities?

Yes. We offer many services and take pride in providing individualized resources and support to students with disabilities.

How do I register for classes?

Class registration events are held June through July each year. Once you have been accepted to Indiana Tech, you may sign-up for Become IT, our pre-orientation and registration event.

How do I get my textbooks?

One great thing about Indiana Tech is that tuition includes the cost of textbook rental. Students can pick up their textbooks by presenting their student ID at the bookroom in the Warrior Fieldhouse during move-in and orientation.

Campus Life

Do I have to live on campus?

All freshman and sophomore students that reside outside of a 50-mile radius of campus are required to live on campus.

Can I have a car on campus?

Yes. All students (including freshmen) are permitted to have a vehicle on campus as long as they have purchased a valid parking permit.

How can I get involved in student life?

Our Office of Student Engagement offers several opportunities for students to get involved on campus.

Where can I eat on campus?

Students with a meal plan can eat in our dining hall located in Andorfer Commons. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served Monday-Friday, and brunch and dinner are served on the weekend. Students who do not pay for a meal plan and guests can also eat there, but will need to pay for their meal at that time.